Monday, October 16, 2006

Bells & Belles


What a F-U-N weekend I had...that was truly a Fall Break. I flew over to Huntsville, Alabama to visit my dear friends Elizabeth and Forrest Williams. We started with a home football game cheering for the Colts of Clements High School where Forrest is the Head Coach and Athletic Director. (check out EJ's blog) We sat in the stands and cheered for the team...among the parents. I enjoy high school football - of course I do, I grew up in Texas!! Then we trekked over to Starkville, MS for the Mississippi State Homecoming game at Scott Field. This was the first SouthEastern Conference game I have attended. I was raised on SouthWest Conference football and now BU is in the Big 12 Conference.

What did I learn?(A) Cowbells are for southern belles and they are LOUD! and...(B)"once a spirit leader - always a spirit leader." My friend Elizabeth enhanced the BU traditions for four years...she left a legacy here. Now she is doing the same in Alabama and it all started in Mississippi. What a saw (and heard) at the MSU game was amazing...the ringing of cowbells. Little did I know that Elizabeth started that little tradition in 6 short weeks of cheering for the Clements Colts. I also watched Miss Elizabeth, my favorite southern BELLE, live out a life of grace and love, being truly led by the Spirit within her.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh you are too sweet. Good to see how you really felt when you were here. Glad you felt like you had a break. Thanks for the accolades. love to you friend. see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete