Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Fall means change





So, who says there are no seasons in Texas? Here you can see some of the amazing colors of the leaves - on the trees and as they begin to fall. I will confess that what you can't tell that it is 80 degrees outside when I took these. But tomorrow the low is supposed to be 24 and the high 40...that is what living in Texas is all about...change.

I have also included some pictures of the new entrance to our land. My grandfather bought it before I was born...they used to live on Lake Waco but in 1960 they raised the level of the lake and told my grandfather to buy land elsewhere. All the men in my family fly planes so they named the land "Scottwood Strip." Over time, several houses have been added to the place. Presently, my brother and his family live in my grandparent's old house, my parents built out here when my dad transitioned to the Navy reserve started teaching at Baylor in 1968. My aunt and uncle retired here from 20 years in the Air Force in 1976. I built my log cabin out here in 2002 and my cousin and his wife built a house out of the stone underground and moved in in 2003. There are three driveways so my parents decided to shorten the name of theirs to SCOTTWOOD. Thus, the new sign. My brother still hangs the original sign that my dad carved out of cedar which reads SCOTTWOOD STRIP.

1 comment:

  1. So cool! I love the new "signage" tell your parents they done good. :) Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete