Sunday, November 5, 2006

Rachael Ray & Dolly Parton at the Ponderosa



Well, it is the simple things in life that make the heart sing. On Sunday afternoons, Mia comes over to play while her mom and dad go to home group and sister, McKenna, goes to Bible Drill at church. Last Sunday, she decided to come over looking like Dolly Parton...just walking down the country road over to Aunt Kim's. She made me laugh out loud.

Then, today you see the Sunday afternoon Rachael Ray cooking lessons with my niece Mia. I asked her if she wanted to make pizza or brownies (for dinner) and she picked pizza. So we kneaded the crust, spread the sauce, browned the meat, sprinkled the cheese, and watched the clock and whola! It'sssssssssssssss Pizza Time!

I definitely think I like her without the wig. Yes, truly it is the simple things in life that make the heart sing...speaking of singing, we rode the "phonics bus" on the letter "S" tonight as well. It is truly amazing what toys teach today. I had a hard time matching her word for word.

So, today I learned that life is one big lesson and it is much more fun shared with those you love. Soon I will share some of the life lessons I have learned about faith and friendship. Thanks for walking part of this journey we call life with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment